- I. Future Real Conditional
Form: If + S + V1 + O, S + will + V1 + O
- 1. If I go home early, I will visit my grandmother.
- 2. If I have a lot of money, I will buy new motorcycle.
- II. Present Unreal Conditional
Form: If + S + V2 + O, S + would + V1 + O
(Real situation/the fact is in the present)
- 1. If I brought my dictionary, I would do my task.
Fact: I don’t bring my dictionary so I don’t do my task.
- 2. If she were my teacher, I would obey her.
Fact: She isn’t my teacher, so I don’t obey her.
- 3. If he didn’t come late, the meeting would run well.
Fact: He comes late so the meeting doesn’t run well.
- III. Past unreal Conditional
Form: If + S + had + V3, S + would have + V3+ O
(Real situation/the fact is in the past)
- 1. If I had done my assignment, I would have got good mark.
Fact: I didn’t do my assignment so I didn’t get good mark.
- 2. If I had had breakfast, I would not have starved
Fact: I didn’t have breakfast, so I starved.
Change the following statements into conditionals.
- Maria was sick yesterday. I didn’t know that, so I didn’t visit her.
If I had known Maria was sick, I would have visited her.
- I am bored, so I feel sleepy.
If I were not bored, I wouldn’t feel sleepy.
- She came to your party because you invited her.
If you had not invited her, she would not have come.
- I was not a king, so you were not a queen
If I had been a king, you would have been a queen.
- He is not president, so he doesn’t live in Merdeka palace.
If he were a president, he would live in M Plc.
- It is snowing. I don’t want to go with him.
- The coffee is cold. I don’t want to drink.
- They got good marks, so their fathers gave rewards to them.
- He got hit by a truck, so he lost his leg.
- I didn’t bring my money, so I didn’t buy anything.